Even with the limited space you have, your small bathroom doesn’t necessarily mean you also have to compromise comfort and functionality.
Choosing the right type of items and fixtures in the room can help a lot in enhancing its appearance and allowing you to do tasks with ease. You can make use of very affordable materials instead of spending thousands to increase the area.
The Illusion of Space
Creating the illusion of space is important if you cannot afford to extend the total square feet area. Glass and mirrors are the main materials which can help since these bring in more light and do not border the room.
Place at least one huge mirror on one side of the bathroom. You will notice that the entire area will seem almost twice as big. Using glass will allow more light from external sources so use it in shelves, toothbrush holders, translucent shower doors and other items.
Stainless steel or aluminum also does the same thing so you may want to invest in stainless steel faucets, cabinet holders and door knobs.
Pale and soft colors provide the illusion of added space so you may want to invest in shades like pink, yellow and mint green. White may be too dull for some people while very bright tones disturbs overall balance.
Provide accents through window treatments, furniture and accessories. You can safely paint the ceiling white but avoid molding since these also make the bathroom appear smaller.
Try to find other sources of light instead of getting it solely from your window or the room adjacent to the small bathroom. At best, make sure that your windows are treated properly to allow as much natural light as possible.
You may want to install a mini-skylight as well to get direct illumination. Behind-the-cabinet bulbs are good in trying to expand the space. Install ceiling lights instead of lamps to free up floor space.
Alternatives for Space
There are plenty of alternatives that you can make use of to provide more space in your small bathroom. You don’t always have to follow the conventional tools and materials present in other designs since you intend to prioritize area increase as well as comfort.
For example, a shower cabin would be more useful instead of a bathtub since it allows you to store other items in as well.
Try to invest in multi-purpose appliances like a bathroom shower that also has hydro massage or ceiling fans with built-in lights. Compact appliances and items placed on a corner are also recommended. These will allow you to save more space.
You should allow as much floor space as you can to make walking around and doing tasks possible. Although a vanity cabinet under the sink seems good for storage, you may want to replace the vanity with a wall-mounted or pedestal sink.
Install hanging cabinets or shelves instead. This will give you more floor area and make the room appear larger. When replacing, you may also need to fix the flooring.
Check for items that seem to stick out and disrupt the symmetry of the room. Any furniture or accessory that cuts much needed space such as racks, decorations or even mats if they feel like shrinking the small bathroom more. Find new designs or alternatives or put them in another part of the room if you truly use them frequently.
25 Best Small Bathroom Ideas
1. Bathroom Ideas For Small Spaces
2. Bathroom Vanity Ideas For Small Bathrooms Design
3. Beautiful Small Bathroom Ideas
4. Best Family Bathroom Ideas
5. Best Small Bathroom Designs Ideas
6. Clever Small Bathroom Decorating Ideas
7. Easy Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom More Luxe
8. Elegant Small Bathroom Decor Ideas
9. Grey Small Bathroom Design Ideas
10. Ideas To Decorate Best Small Bathroom
11. Remodel Your Small Bathroom Fast and Inexpensively
12. Renew Your Small Bathroom With Modern Decor
13. Small bathroom and Tiled bathrooms
14. Small Bathroom Decorating Ideas
15. Small Bathroom Design Ideas for Every Taste
16. Small Bathroom Grey Color Ideas
17. Small bathroom storage ideas for your home
18. Small Bathroom Tub Shower Combo Remodeling Ideas
19. Small Bathroom with Spa
20. Small bathroom with walk in shower
21. Small Bathrooms that are Big on Style
22. Stylish Small Space Bathroom Designs
23. Unique Modern Bathroom Shower Design Ideas
24. Unique Storage Ideas for a Small Bathroom to Make Yours Bigger
25. White and clear glass bathroom ideas