Small Kitchen Renovations – Remember that the kitchen is one of the most important parts of the house. If you’re planning to renovate, you need to consider your reasons for doing so as well take into consideration all necessary elements.
The goal is to improve the small space you have through a sound kitchen plan backed up by reliable remodeling ideas. Here are some effective tips.
Table of Contents
- How is Your Work Triangle?
- What Do You Need to Renovate?
- Best 20 Small Kitchen Renovations Ideas
- 1. Budget Friendly Kitchen Makeover Ideas
- 2. Kitchen Remodel – Before & After Reveal
- 3. A DIY Kitchen Renovation
- 4. Budget kitchen remodel from Domestic Imperfection
- 5. Kitchen cabinet renovation before and after
- 6. Amazing DIY kitchen remodel by Cousin Frank
- 7. Kitchen renovation by Candace Berry
- 8. Pretty Before And After Kitchen Makeovers
- 9. Kitchen house remodeling
- 10. Kitchen remodel inspiration
- 11. Refresh your kitchen with a coat of paint
- 12. Small kitchen house renovation before after
- 13. Small Kitchen Remodel Reveal!
- 14. Removed wall into dining room and created a large granite breakfast bar
- 15. Old house kitchen renovation
- 16. Before and after pictures of a RV kitchen renovation
- 17. Kitchen cabinet before and after
- 18. Before & After: Carolyn’s “Yucky” 1980s Kitchen
- 19. Farmhouse kitchen remodel on a budget
- 20. “Fixer Upper” Kitchen Makeover!
How is Your Work Triangle?
One of the main reasons why people renovate their small kitchen is because their work triangle is not functioning very well.
The spaces between the three main points namely the refrigerator, the sink and the oven are not well balanced so time preparing meals, storing and getting items and cleaning up materials may take more time and space.
At present, your kitchen may have a disrupted work triangle or do not work within a triangle at all which requires renovation.
You need to decide if you want to do the renovation yourself or hire a professional who can do it for you. Your choice may depend on your knowledge, skills and budget.
It is recommended to at least have an expert approve the layout design that proves to be the most convenient for your available space.
Your kitchen plan should properly determine the cooking center, preparation center, cleanup center and storage center. Classifying these areas properly will maximize space, save time and make all persons using the kitchen comfortable.
What Do You Need to Renovate?
Renovating your small kitchen may mean adding new structures or items to increase storage or holding space or tearing down structures and removing items to free up more working and walking space.
Cabinet installation is one of the most basic procedures included in a renovation plan. Adding more cabinets or improving the depth of existing ones will improve functionality since you will be able to store more or bigger items. You may also renovate or fix the cabinet doors, knobs and style to improve design.
You can remove some structures to maximize floor space depending on the type of layout you want. This could mean tearing down a wall or two or a built-in counter or removing a standalone cabinet.
The work triangle should have enough floor space where one can do tasks efficiently without being interrupted by others. Renovations can also be done to enhance floor space like adding an island which will serve both as a storage area as well as direct traffic to keep others off the work triangle.
Aside from floor space, you also need a lot of counter space to work on. You can install more countertops, a larger sink or a built-in oven.
Best 20 Small Kitchen Renovations Ideas
1. Budget Friendly Kitchen Makeover Ideas
2. Kitchen Remodel – Before & After Reveal
3. A DIY Kitchen Renovation
4. Budget kitchen remodel from Domestic Imperfection
5. Kitchen cabinet renovation before and after
6. Amazing DIY kitchen remodel by Cousin Frank
7. Kitchen renovation by Candace Berry
8. Pretty Before And After Kitchen Makeovers
9. Kitchen house remodeling
10. Kitchen remodel inspiration
11. Refresh your kitchen with a coat of paint
12. Small kitchen house renovation before after
13. Small Kitchen Remodel Reveal!
14. Removed wall into dining room and created a large granite breakfast bar
15. Old house kitchen renovation
16. Before and after pictures of a RV kitchen renovation
17. Kitchen cabinet before and after
18. Before & After: Carolyn’s “Yucky” 1980s Kitchen
19. Farmhouse kitchen remodel on a budget
20. “Fixer Upper” Kitchen Makeover!
Some renovations can also be done to enhance the appearance of your small kitchen. Even if nothing much may have changed with regards to the arrangement of structures and fixtures, you can successfully create the illusion of a wider space by installing bright halogen bulbs or under-the-counter and behind-the-cabinet light.
You may put in more windows or a skylight to allow more natural light to come in during the day or invest in French style doors and windows.
During your small kitchen renovation, consider a new color that will expand the room such as yellow, white or sky blue. Colors coming from other sources like pots, pans, dishes and decorations are also useful as well.